A 16-week training program, the Heavy Equipment Operations/CDL program is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills and competencies to obtain entry-level employment driving large trucks and operating heavy equipment.
Training topics include basics of safety (1st aid/CPR, OSHA 10), commercial driving (tractor/trailer), flagging, air brake systems, equipment maintenance, project organization and heavy equipment operations (front end loader, back hoe, loading/unloading, docking) along with introductory college courses.
The training sequence will start with commercial driving that allows successful students to apply and test for a driving permit. Students will utilize state-of-the-art simulators before “hands-on” practice activities with modern road equipment. Enrollment is limited to ensure quality practice time with instructors. The Commercial Drivers License (CDL) training component is geared toward meeting demonstration proficiencies required by the state of North Dakota and the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT). Successful graduates can transfer their CDL credentials according to regulations in their home state.
United Tribes Technical College
3315 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
(701) 255-3285 ext. 1334 • www.uttc.edu
Certificate Degree Program(s):
CDL/HEO - (31 CORE Credits required)
- FND107 1cr. Pre-Professional Seminar
- FND207 2cr. Career Success
- GPE101 1cr. First-Aid/CPR
- HEO101 6cr. Basics of Heavy Equipment Operator
- HEO120 7cr. Commercial Truck Driving
- HEO122 1cr. Flagging
- HEO124 3cr. Basic Safety, Safety Tanker, Safety Hazmat
- HEO130 3cr. Project Layout
- HEO150 3cr. Heavy Equipment/CDL Operations
- MTH130 3cr. Applied Mathematics
- OSHA104 1cr. OSHA 10
Office: Skill Center #103
Phone: Ext. 1537