Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Maintains positive interactions at all times with parents and/or guardians.
- Generates monthly billings for childcare services.
- Works with parents and/or guardians to ensure childcare billings are signed.
- Prepares and distributes monthly billing reports and statements no later than the 5th of each month to appropriate agencies.
- Tracks payments for services with Finance Office.
- Maintains and updates database daily on number of hours children are in the centers.
- Collaborates with Center staff on maintaining and updating files for billing.
- Works with Burleigh County Housing Authority and Burleigh County Childcare Assistance to provide verification of childcare services.
- Creates and modifies documents using Microsoft Office and EZCare2.
- Enters monthly childcare charges in Jenzabar system.
- Serves as a liaison for parents/families and Social Services.
- Reports the monthly food claims for the USDA food distribution program.
- Processes purchase requisitions for Center supplies, contractual services, and trainings.
- Maintains a record-keeping system for Center expenditures.
- Assists center staff (three centers) with supervision of children as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Normal working hours are from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm with one hour for lunch. This position operates in a professional office environment.
- Minimum of an Associate of Applied Science or Associate of Arts/Science degree required.
- Minimum of two years experience in a daycare or other facility serving children birth – 5 years old preferred.
- Experience with MS Office software required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Highly organized and able to work independently.
- Must be punctual and dependable, motivated and energetic.
- Demonstrated ability to learn Jenzabar software with appropriate training during probationary period.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with customers and coworkers, including conflict resolution and dealing with difficult situations.
- Must be able to make good decisions with regard to parent/families payment options and other billing related issues.
- Must treat all parents/families respectfully and display effective problem solving skills.
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 27, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.