Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Provide instruction to students through various delivery methods, including classroom/laboratory instruction, online learning, and learning community activities.
- Teach a minimum of thirty (30) credits per academic year.
- Utilize culturally responsive teaching strategies that facilitate student learning and student success.
- Prepare clear and measurable objectives, course syllabi, course materials and learning experiences for each course.
- Maintain appropriate course records and documentation.
- Design, develop, assess, and oversee program curricula.
- Implement assessment measures that achieve course, program, and institution learning outcomes, and use the results to strengthen the curricula.
- Maintain office hours.
- Provide academic advising and mentoring students.
- Participate in outreach for student recruitment and access to services.
- Maintain current knowledge within the appropriate discipline and within the teaching profession.
- Meet requirements for specific programs and for accreditation.
- Participate in college-sponsored professional development activities, college wide meetings and department/division/faculty meetings.
- Promote student recruitment, retention, and successful completion of programs.
- Maintain ongoing communications with community organizations, faculty from other tribal colleges and universities, and public agencies in support of student learning.
- Participate in college leadership, governance, and operational activities.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, staff, and community members.
- Serve on college committees.
- Comply with college policies, rules, and procedures.
- Participate in commencement activities wearing academic cap and gown.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General office conditions. Normal working hours are from 8:00 am.to 5:00 pm. with one hour for lunch break. Will need to work additional hours for class preparation, meeting/presentations or travel as needed.
Master degree in Business Management or Business Administration from a regionally accredited university preferred, or Bachelor degree in Business and willingness to complete a Master degree within 3 years required. Accounting experience or coursework required. Two (2) years successful college instruction preferred. Knowledge about American Indian Tribes, cultures, and histories desirable. Must possess or be willing to pursue a teaching certificate from the N.D. Department of Career and Technical Education.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the college
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 19, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.