Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Serves as a career advisor, meeting regularly with students in groups or individually to discuss career goals, options and plans.
- Coordinates UTTC’s internship placement program, identifying placement locations, initiating relationships with employers, mentoring student interns, and maintaining the internship inventory.
- Works collaboratively with the academic advisors to provide job search training for graduating students that is specific to the career or industry for which they are applying.
- Advises students on the process of transitioning from college to the workforce, either in groups or individually, including securing housing after graduation, necessary clothing and/or tools, reliable transportation, childcare, appropriate workplace behavior, and meeting employer expectations.
- Provides instruction on cover letter and resume writing per industry standards for graduating students.
- Coordinates mock interviews for graduating students.
- Collaborates with the Registrar to provide transfer advising for students interested in continuing their education at other institutions, including the transfer process and identifying a point of contact for the student at the receiving institution.
- Coordinates the graduate exit survey and and documents and interprets results.
- Oversees the administration of the career interest inventory and interpretation of results.
- Collaborates with the Admissions and Recruitment Office to coordinate annual campus career fairs.
- Works collaboratively with academic advisors to maintain contact with graduates for placement data.
- Applies Jenzabar skills to ensure placement data accurately tracked.
- Maintains the Career Resource Center and updates the Career Services page on the UTTC website.
- Maintains Career Services budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position operates in a professional office environment. Normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with one hour for lunch. Occasional evenings and weekends may be required, especially during busy times. Occasional travel as needed.
- Bachelor degree in Education, Business Administration, Marketing, Human Services or related field. Masters degree preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience in Higher Education Enrollment Services preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must possess excellent advising, counseling, and communication skills.
- Must be able to work with a diverse student body.
- Superior customer and personal service skills.
- Outgoing, high energy, extroverted personality.
- Ability to approach and speak with all potential student applicants.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the college
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 24, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.