Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
• Serves as a writer and editor of content for the organization’s website, social media sites and print materials (e.g., newsletter, annual report, brochures, flyers, etc.).
• Serves as a photographer in capturing images of individuals and events associated with the organization for use in general marketing and communications efforts.
• Handles media relations activities on behalf of the organization including issuing news releases, conducting news conferences, working on feature stories with reporters/editors/bloggers.
• Assists in the coordination of meetings, conferences and special events, including participation on planning committees, as well as creation of marketing materials for open houses, tours, conferences, and community events.
• Provides basic graphic design services by creating artwork for use in multiple mediums (e.g., PowerPoint presentations, InDesign setup, trade show materials, e-newsletter, website, social media, etc.)
• Assists in the production and placement of advertising on behalf of the organization in all mediums (e.g. television, radio, newspaper, publications, billboard, etc.).
• Works in collaboration with the organization’s leadership team, as well as outside contractors, to develop and implement an annual marketing and communications plan.
• Demonstrates professional behavior that supports the mission, vision and values of (UTTC).
• Assures that deadlines are established and met for timely completion of assigned projects.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
Normal working hours are from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Evening, weekend and holidays hours are sometimes necessary. May be required to meet deadlines with short notice. Responsible for maintaining professional ambience in work environment. Some business travel may be required.
- Education: Associate’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, advertising, graphic design, or related field is required. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience: Six months of prior experience working or interning in a position involving a wide range of communications functions is required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good written communications skills are required. ·
- Must possess above average communication skills and promote a team approach with strong office leadership in work activities.
- Self-starter who is skilled in project coordination, writing, photography, graphic design, event coordination and media relations. Added bonus includes working knowledge with managing content on websites and social media sites, and videography (including basic editing).
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 23, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.