Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Providing instruction in computer technology to students through various delivery methods, including classroom/laboratory instruction and learning community activities.
- Teach a minimum of 30 credits per academic year (fall/spring).
- Utilizing culturally responsive teaching strategies that facilitate student learning and student success.
- Preparing clear and measurable objectives, course syllabi, course materials and learning experiences for each course.
- Maintaining appropriate course records and documentation.
- Designing, developing, assessing, and overseeing program curricula.
- Implementing assessment measures that achieve course, program, and institution learning outcomes, and using the results to strengthen the curricula.
- Monitors and reports student attendance and academic progress in the Jenzabar system on a weekly basis throughout each semester.
- Maintaining office hours.
- Providing academic advising and mentoring students.
- Participating in outreach for student recruitment and access to services.
- Maintaining current knowledge within the appropriate discipline and within the teaching profession.
- Meeting requirements for specific programs and for accreditation.
- Participating in college-sponsored professional development activities, college wide meetings and department/division/faculty meetings.
- Promoting student recruitment, retention, and successful completion of programs.
- Maintaining ongoing communications with community organizations, instructors from other tribal colleges and universities, and public agencies in support of student learning.
- Participating in college leadership, governance, and operational activities.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues, staff, and community members.
- Serving on college committees.
- Complying with college policies, rules, and procedures.
- Develops and submits monthly reports to Career & Technical Education Director
- Participating in commencement activities wearing academic cap and gown.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
General office and classroom conditions. Normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. with one hour lunch break.
UTTC instructors must be sensitive to the cultures of the students enrolled at the college, must be willing to learn about those cultures, and must be willing to integrate multi-cultural perspectives where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information technology or related field from a regionally accredited university required. Masters degree preferred.
- Knowledge about American Indian Tribes, cultures and histories desirable.
- Must have a teaching certificate from the N.D. Department of Career and Technical Education or must be actively pursuing such credentials.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the college.
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems and to maintain strict confidentiality related to sensitive information.
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 13, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.