Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Will work with adults who have enrolled in the FACE Program with their 3-5 year old child/children in the FACE program to build skills and create opportunities that will assist them in accomplishing their academic, family, and work goals.
- Will work cooperatively with the FACE Early Childhood Teacher and Educational Assistant to provide opportunities for parent and children strengthen the parent and child relationship.
- Will work with adults to build skills and create opportunities that will enable individuals to enter the work force.
- Maintains up-to-date files on each student. Prepares required reports and data collection for the program.
- Spends a minimum of 2 1/2 hours each day in educational instruction.
- Help parent’s access resources. Refers parents as appropriate to other educational, social service and support agencies in the community for assistance.
- Model appropriate adult-child interaction during PACT (Parent and Child Together) time and participates in PACT Time daily.
- Collaborate with other agencies/programs.
- Be knowledgeable and share information about community resources and further academic opportunities.
- Arranges the classroom into learning areas with a wide range of materials that are organized and accessible to the students.
- Implements and cooperates with colleagues and supervisory personnel in carrying out the Adult Education component of the FACE program.
- Assist participants in finding and accessing realistic opportunities to improve their educational and economic prospects in developing and maintaining their motivation.
- Develops and maintains systematic records of each parent’s instructional plan and achievements, including tracking parent’s progress after they exit the program.
- Carries out ongoing analysis and appraisal of each parent’s progress in accomplishing his or her educational planning goals and objectives.
- Meets weekly with the FACE team to plan and evaluate program services.
- Helps facilitate monthly Parent Group meetings.
- Plans and facilitates the Parent Time sessions with the FACE team.
Normal working hours are from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm.
- Must possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Early Childhood Education (Birth – 3 months) or Kindergarten endorsement.
- Must possess a North Dakota State teacher’s certificate.
- Must be certified by PAT after training and maintain certification annually.
- Must have a valid North Dakota Driver’s License.
Knowledge & Skills:
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 26, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.