Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Work with students in a variety of settings.
- Assists the classroom teacher with the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the maintaining of each students files, prepares accurate reports, written plans and documents
- Contributes to required reports, end of the year reports, and data collection
- Implements and assist with weekly and daily lesson plans
- Use a variety of instructional approaches including active learning, materials and techniques to ensure that children learn to their fullest potential
- Provide a learning environment that is full of learning opportunities which reflecks the language and culture of the families.
- Assist with the implementation of various instructional approaches including active learning, appropriate instructional material, and assist the students to reach their fullest learning potential.
- Discusses assigned teaching area with classroom teacher to coordinate instruction efforts.
- Attends meetings as needed.
- Document progress of students.
- Participates on committees.
- Frequently makes moderately simple decisions regarding the discipline of children, lesson planning and classroom activities.
- Supervises children in preparing for lunch and in the cafeteria.
- Oversees children on the playgrounds during recess/noon hour.
- Willing to attend professional development opportunities to increase job
- Meets other requirements as a staff member of the school.
- Reliable and punctual in reporting for scheduled work.
- Support the classroom teacher as needed.
- Able to travel to and attend required training that are position related.
- Other duties as assigned.
Normal working hours are from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm. May work additional hours in various activities for children and/or parents.
- AA/AAS degree.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong written communication skills.
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 17, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.