Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Security Officer
Reports Directly To: Security Supervisor
Opening Date: August 1, 2012
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Salary: $14.00 per hour
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Security Supervisor, performs all or some of the following duties:
- Patrols UTTC property.
- Writes and types radio logs, reports and contact sheets.
- Answers incoming calls and directs them to appropriate individual or department.
- Issues guest slips as requested by students.
- Attends security meetings and student hearings.
- Conducts building checks to insure all windows and doors are shut and locked.
- Unlocks buildings and gates as appropriate.
- Stops and checks vehicles on center after hours.
- Issues citations for traffic violations.
- Handles domestic problems and other minor and major disturbances.
- Transports students as necessary.
- Cooperates with and aids city, county, state and federal law enforcement agencies as required.
- Confiscates contraband when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION:
Often makes moderately difficult decisions regarding Security activities, personnel, etc.
Requires working evenings, holidays, and weekends on a rotating basis.
High School Diploma or equivalent and three (3) years full-time paid related experience, or
High School Diploma or equivalent and two (2) years related education and one (1) year full-time related paid experience.
Position requires a current, valid North Dakota drivers license with an acceptable Motor Vehicle record. A copy needs to be submitted with application. Applicant will need to successfully pass a background check.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
- Cover letter.
- Current Resume.
- Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
- Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504