Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Men's Dorm Resident Assistant
Department: Strengthening Lifestyles
Reports Directly To: Resident Hall Director
Opening Date: August 1, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Status: Full-time/Part-time Non-exempt
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Academic Year position – Nine (9) month position. Full-time or Part-time positions.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The RA works to create and maintain a healthy environment for the academic and personal growth of the students within their assigned living unit. In carrying out his or her duties, the RA is expected to treat students, supervisors, and fellow employees with courtesy and respect.Under the direct supervision of the Resident Hall Director, the Resident Assistant will perform all or some of the duties:
- Confers with students on an informal basis regarding school and social life.
- Works with students to insure the up-keep of individual rooms.
- Informs Director in writing of any problems, social or otherwise, students may be experiencing.
- Report emergencies and monitor the situation and possibly refer residents as appropriate to respective campus services.
- Monday through Sunday, secures hall at designated times, and inspects hall for alcoholic beverages, drugs and unauthorized guests.
- Inspects hall on a daily basis for cleanliness, supplies and needed repairs.
- Work cooperatively with residents to ensure an environment that displays respect for the rights and privacy of others and promotes consideration of individual needs in a group living environment.
- Act as a positive role model both for fellow staff members and residents by not participating in questionable or unethical behavior.
- Assigns rooms.
- Thoroughly reviews the Resident Hall Regulations individually with each new dorm resident.
- RA Trainings and RA meetings are mandated.
- Must have the ability to keyboard.
- Maintain shift log in the strictest confidence.
- Notifies Security of those students not checked in when the doors are locked.
- Organize resident hall activities and be staff sponsor for Resident Hall Council.
- Perform light housekeeping duties in designated areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION:
Often makes decisions regarding dorm assignments and daily Resident Hall operation. Must be able to write reports concerning incidents, and activities in the Resident Hall.
Supervision of student work-study & student Leadership Through Experience workers.
Position requires working evenings, weekends and holidays; and working with residents of a variety of ages and personalities. The ability to lift. Shifts can be on flexible schedule.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Requires knowledge, human relations, skills, and mental development equivalent to the completion of one year of college and two years experience in the management of a housing unit within an academic setting, will need to successfully pass a background check.
Position requires applicant certified in CPR/ First Aid, if applicant does not posses CPR/First Aid, must be willing and able to obtain one within 60 days of UTTC employment. UTTC will compensate Licensure.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
- Cover letter.
- Current Resume.
- Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
- Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504