Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Housing Custodian - PT - Temp
Reports Directly To: Housing Director
Opening Date: July 31, 2013
Closing Date: Open until filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Housing Director, performs all or some of the following duties:
- Clean and minor maintenance the August Little Soldier (ALS) apartment and Solo Dorm complexes, such as, laundry rooms which would include lint traps, wipe off washer and dryers, clean window, doors, sweep and mop, take out trash, and pick up the yard on a daily basis.
- Put in maintenance work orders for all family housing upon request by tenant or for safety and health reasons as seen fit. This may include reporting vacancies, tenant damage, wear and tear maintenance work, and plumbing, heating/cooling issues, windows/blind replacements, snow removal, vehicle removal, furniture replacements or removal of any other maintenance. To Security for emergency situations. Reports shall be made within a timely manner and immediately for dangerous situations.
- Clean inside of the UTTC Houses, Solo Dorms, ALS and Kateri Hall, Units On Campus, and UTTC Washington Court apartments off campus, such as, disinfect and mop floors, walls, shampoo carpets and furniture, wipe windows, clean stoves, clean refrigerators, toilets, sinks, cupboards, etc.
- Clean outside of the UTTC On-Campus Houses, such as, wipe off graffiti and mud. Pick up and remove any debris when needed. Provide maintenance work orders for spraying every April and late August.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position requires lifting, stooping, crawling and climbing in the performance of duties. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. Normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. with one hour for lunch break. There will be overtime as the need arises.
Qualified applicant will have a GED or high school diploma or equivalent. Physically capable of lifting, bending, crawling and climbing.
Must have a valid Drivers’ License and have an acceptable motor vehicle record and able to be insured by UTTC
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBALENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504