Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Admissions Specialist
Department: Admissions, Enrollment Management
Opening Date: December 5, 2013
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Provides exceptional customer service to all prospective students and their families who visit or contact the Admissions and Recruiting Offices, by being the primary employee to answer phone calls.
- Talk with prospective students and their families when the Assistant Director is not available.
- Assist with student orientation activities.
- Become ACT/Compass Certified to administer these exams.
- Process criminal background checks.
- Assist in recruiting efforts as required, which may include travel.
- Give tours to prospective students and their families, if Recruiter is not available.
- Assist with the Admissions to Registrar transactions as needed.
- Back up the Data Technician in scanning, and the Assistant Director in quality control when requested.
- Participate in committee meetings on campus as deemed appropriate by the Director.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with other staff and faculty, as well as others contacted in the course of carrying out job duties.
- Receive training and train others to support ongoing departmental cross training efforts.
- Complete other projects/tasks as assigned.
- Normal working hours from 8am to 5pm with one hour for lunch. Must be able to be flexible to meet the needs of the applicants and students, including occasional overtime to complete job assignments.
- Must be able to travel to trainings or other out of town activities as required by the Director.
- May need to reach, bend, or crouch, as well as carry light to moderate loads.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or a related field required.
- Possession of a valid North Dakota driver's license, and be insurable under the UTTC policy.
- Skill to effectively interpret tests, measurements and performance indicators relative to placement testing offered by UTTC.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Capacity to learn the requirements of UTTC's admissions policies and practices.
- Familiarity with the college's philosophy, mission statement, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Native American cultures, issues, and values with a demonstrated ability to relate to this population.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
- Cover letter.
- Current Resume.
- Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
- Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504