Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Contracts and Grants Specialist
Reports Directly To: Contracts and Grants Manager and Vice-President
Opening Date: August 1, 2012
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Create and maintain program file with original Solicitation for Grant Application (SGA), Request for Proposal (RFP), or other solicitation documents; original proposal or application; award and agreement documents; financial and program reports; communication with contracting officer, federal program officer, or other agency representative via letter, email, or telephone log; and other information pertinent to the award.
- Review individual contract and grant agreements for the terms and conditions, special guidelines, budget restrictions, reporting requirements, applicability of indirect cost or contract support, personnel, and other requirements.
- Establish account numbers using the UTTC chart of accounts and established budget.
- Coordinate with program director to check if proposed vendor is debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, excluded or disqualified under the non procurement common rule, or otherwise declared ineligible from receiving Federal contracts, certain subcontracts, and certain Federal assistance using the Excluded Parties List System (epls.gov).
- Review and monitor Purchase Requisitions, Travel Advances, Contracts/Agreements, and other expenditures to 1) ensure account numbers are correct, 2) funds are available, and 3) the purchase is in compliance with the hierarchy of federal regulations: A) terms and conditions of the agreement; B) program specific guidelines; C) agency specific guidelines; D) agency application guidelines (non program specific); and E) OMB (CFR) Circulars. UTTC financial policies are aligned with OMB (CFR) circulars.
- Prepare and submit financial reports on a timely basis to the funding agency, program director, and other approved sources according to the agreement and UTTC Financial Policy.
- Request the draw down of funds from funding agency on a timely basis according to the agreement and UTTC Financial policy.
- Meet with vice presidents, program directors, or department chairs to review monthly revenue and expenditure reports, counteract over/under spending, and minimize carryover funds.
- Assist vice presidents and program directors with budget modifications, no cost extensions, new-year budget development, and other financial requirements as needed.
- Alert the vice-president of Finance of any financial, reporting, or any other discrepancy in a timely manner.
- Learn to operate Jenzabar Financial modules and InfoMaker software to enter and retrieve data and write reports, through training provided by UTTC.
- Coordinate and communicate with other Finance staff to ensure all components of Finance, including contracts and grants, accounts payables, accounts receivables, payroll and travel, are ready for year-end closeout, reporting, and audit preparation in accordance with funding agreements and UTTC Financial policy.
- Responsible for records management of assigned contracts and grants and assists Finance Manager with year end record storage.
- Responsible for keeping current with changes in federal government contracts and grants management and accountability measures by taking classes on campus, attending training seminars, webcasts, or through online training.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Must possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex contracts and grants agreements, documents, forms, and federal regulations.
Respond effectively verbally and in writing to requests from contracting officers, program officers, program directors, and Vice President.
Make effective presentations to program directors, administrative council, President, students, and others when called upon to do so.
Apply the economic, financial management, marketing, accounting, and other business best practices to improve UTTC's financial position.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504