Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Disability Support Services Coordinator and Special Education Instructor
Department: Disability Support Services - Lewis Goodhouse Wellness Center
Reports Directly To: Associate V.P. of Community Wellness
Opening Date: September 26, 2013
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Status: Exempt – 12 month
- Manage, supervise and conducts student employee(s) performance review(s).
- Advise the Associate Vice President of Community Wellness in short and long-term planning, in support of the Lewis Goodhouse Wellness Center Strategic Plan.
- Remain current and adhere to legal requirements that affect students in higher education, i.e. Ferpa, HIPPA, ADA, and /or all governing guidelines related to UTTC community.
- Project, develop, and manage department budget(s).
- Prepare, and submit accurate reports, documentation and correspondence in a timely manner.
- To actively participate in the "High Risk" Crisis Mangement Team that provides holistic services in meeting the individual need(s) of the student and in support of their family system.
- To implement and/or enhance professional development opportunities.
- To cooperatively interact with networking system on/off campus.
- Creating and/or maintaining a comphrehensive student disability office for UTTC.
- Deliver high quality and sensitive services to the disabled student population which include creating and interpreting Educational Support Plans and periodic monitoring.
- Work with faculty/UTTC staff to identify and establish reasonable accommodations for students identified with a disability.
- Creating a student referral process that outlines services on and off campus.
- Maintaining a database of students with disability needs.
- Disability Support Services will serve on the admissions committee at UTTC for file review.
- Demonstate an understanding of special education policies and procedures.
- Monitor and review Program Plans.
- Ability to serve as consultative capacity with individuals and groups, including staff and students.
- Use of appropriate techniques and strategies that promote and enhance critical, creative and evaluative thinking of students.
- Use appropriate instructional strategies/materials that reflect the student's culture, learning styles, and socioeconomic background.
- Other duties as assigned.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504