Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Housing Custodian (FT w/ Benefits)
Reports Directly To: Housing Director
Opening Date: Oct. 31, 2013
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Status: Non-Exempt; 12 month
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Clean and minor maintenance the August Little Solider (ALS) apartment and Solo Dorm complexes, such as, laundry rooms which would include lint traps, wipe off washer and dryers, clean window, doors, sweep and mop, take out trash, and pick up the yard on a daily basis.
- Report vacancies, tenant damage, wear and tear maintenance work, plumbing, heating/cooling issues, windows/blind replacements, snow removal, vehicle removal, furniture replacements or removal of any other maintenance. To Security for emergency situations. Reports shall be made within a timely manner and immediately for dangerous situations.
- Clean inside of the UTTC Houses, Solo Dorms, ALS, and Kateri Hall, Units On Campus, and UTTC Washington Court apartments off campus, such as, disinfect and mop floors, walls, shampoo carpets and furniture, wipe windows, clean stoves, clean refrigerators, toilets, sinks, cupboards, etc.
- Clean outside of the UTTC On Campus Houses, such as, wipe off graffiti and mud. Pick up and remove any debris, outside units, complexes, and around campus, when needed. Move/haul storage items when needed.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental basis.
- Attend to emergencies when necessary.
- Attend safety meetings and other related meetings.
- Take classes as required in cleaning methods and techniques, new products, First Aid, CPR, and working relationships.
- Safely operate all vehicles and other job related equipment.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION:
Current ND Driver's License.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504