Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Billing Technician
Department: Student Accounts
Reports Directly To: Bursar
Opening Date: June 29, 2015
Closing Date: July 13, 2015
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Maintains positive interactions at all times with parents and/or guardians.
- Prepares and distributes monthly billing reports and statements no later than the 5th of each month to appropriate agencies.
- Works with parents and/or guardians to ensure childcare billings are signed.
- Tracks payments for services with Finance Office.
- Works closely with the Student Accounts Office on all aspects of Childcare reporting and billing.
- Maintains and updates database daily on number of hours children are in the centers.
- Collaborates with Center staff on maintaining and updating files for billing.
- Works with Burleigh County Housing Authority and Burleigh County Childcare Assistance to provide verification of childcare services.
- Creates and modifies documents using Microsoft Office and EZCare2.
- Enters monthly childcare charges in Jenzabar system.
- Serves as a liaison for parents/families and Social Services.
- Works with Housing Department and Residence Hall Department, to reconcile rent charges with rent assignments throughout the year.
- Maintain security deposit account, which includes deducting charges due after tenant move out.
- Posting move out and security deposit return transactions in Jenzabar.
- Assist Housing Department, providing rent charge balances on a monthly basis.
- Provide Excellent Customer Service by assisting Students by phone, e-mail and inquiries in office, explaining the Student Account charges, statements, and excess fund process as needed.
- Distribute excess funds to students as needed.
- Reports the monthly food claims for the USDA food distribution program.
- Other duties as assigned.
INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION:
- Must be able to make good decisions with regard to parent/families payment options and other billing related issues.
- Must treat all parents/families respectfully and display effective problem solving skills.
- Associate degree in Business Office Technology or related field.
- Strong knowledge of database and accounting procedures.
- Experienced user of MS Office software, demonstrated ability to learn Jenzabar software with appropriate training during probationary period.
- Highly organized and able to work independently.
- Must have patience working with families; be punctual and dependable, motivated and energetic.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with customers and coworkers, including conflict resolution and dealing with difficult situations.