Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Billing Technician
Department: Enrollment Services
Reports Directly To: Bursar
Opening Date: May 8, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Status: Non-exempt 12 Month
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Maintains positive interactions at all times with parents and/or guardians.
- Prepares and distributes monthly billing reports and statements no later than the 5th of each month to appropriate agencies.
- Works with parents and/or guardians to ensure childcare billings are signed.
- Tracks payments for services with Finance Office.
- Works closely with the Student Accounts Office on all aspects of Childcare reporting and billing.
- Maintains and updates database daily on number of hours children are in the centers.
- Collaborates with Center staff on maintaining and updating files for billing.
- Works with Burleigh County Housing Authority and Burleigh County Childcare Assistance to provide verification of childcare services.
- Creates and modifies documents using Microsoft Office and EZCare2.
- Enters monthly childcare charges in Jenzabar system.
- Serves as a liaison for parents/families and Social Services.
- Works with Housing Department and Residence Hall Department, to reconcile rent charges with rent assignments throughout the year.
- Maintain security deposit account, which includes deducting charges due after tenant move out.
- Posting move out and security deposit return transactions in Jenzabar.
- Assist Housing Department, providing rent charge balances on a monthly basis.
- Provide Excellent Customer Service by assisting Students by phone, e-mail and inquiries in office, explaining the Student Account charges, statements, and excess fund process as needed.
- Distribute excess funds to students as needed.
- Reports the monthly food claims for the USDA food distribution program.
- Other duties as assigned.
INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION:
- Must be able to make good decisions with regard to parent/families payment options and other billing related issues.
- Must treat all parents/families respectfully and display effective problem solving skills.
- Associate degree in Business Office Technology or related field.
- Strong knowledge of database and accounting procedures.
- Experienced user of MS Office software, demonstrated ability to learn Jenzabar software with appropriate training during probationary period.
- Highly organized and able to work independently.
- Must have patience working with families; be punctual and dependable, motivated and energetic.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with customers and coworkers, including conflict resolution and dealing with difficult situations.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504