Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Billing Technician
Department: Enrollment Services
Reports Directly To: Bursar
Opening Date: April 13, 2016
Closing Date: April 27, 2016 at 5:00 pm
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Maintains positive interactions at all times with parents and/or guardians.
- Prepares and distributes monthly billing reports and statements no later than the 5th of each month to appropriate agencies.
- Works with parents and/or guardians to ensure childcare billings are signed.
- Tracks payments for services with Finance Office.
- Works closely with the Student Accounts Office on all aspects of Childcare reporting and billing.
- Maintains and updates database daily on number of hours children are in the centers.
- Collaborates with Center staff on maintaining and updating files for billing.
- Works with Burleigh County Housing Authority and Burleigh County Childcare Assistance to provide verification of childcare services.
- Creates and modifies documents using Microsoft Office and EZCare2.
- Enters monthly childcare charges in Jenzabar system.
- Serves as a liaison for parents/families and Social Services.
- Works with Housing Department and Residence Hall Department, to reconcile rent charges with rent assignments throughout the year.
- Maintain security deposit account, which includes deducting charges due after tenant move out.
- Posting move out and security deposit return transactions in Jenzabar.
- Assist Housing Department, providing rent charge balances on a monthly basis.
- Provide Excellent Customer Service by assisting Students by phone, e-mail and inquiries in office, explaining the Student Account charges, statements, and excess fund process as needed.
- Distribute excess funds to students as needed.
- Reports the monthly food claims for the USDA food distribution program.
- Other duties as assigned.
INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION:
- Must be able to make good decisions with regard to parent/families payment options and other billing related issues.
- Must treat all parents/families respectfully and display effective problem solving skills.
- Associate degree in Business Office Technology or related field.
- Strong knowledge of database and accounting procedures.
- Experienced user of MS Office software, demonstrated ability to learn Jenzabar software with appropriate training during probationary period.
- Highly organized and able to work independently.
- Must have patience working with families; be punctual and dependable, motivated and energetic.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with customers and coworkers, including conflict resolution and dealing with difficult situations.
United Tribes Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Applications and supporting documents received after the Closing Date and Time of a Job Posting will not be considered.