Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: UM-TERM Case Worker/Training Planner
Reports Directly To:
Opening Date: Jan. 2, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Project Director/STEM Director. The Case Worker/Trainer planner performs the following duties:
- Assist the Project Director with tracking project deliverables of the UM-TERM DOL Project. This includes quarterly reporting of all participants in the project, which requires tracking personal information on all participants and uploading documents onto the reporting website.
- Assist the Project Director with developing the recruitment strategy for the project.
- Maintain prompt and courteous service to all vendors, participants, and trainers. Provide accurate, timely, and effective execution for training events.
- Assists in the development of professional-looking and accurate training print materials, such as registration flyers, posters, agenda, evaluation forms and reports, negotiates production with print and mail vendors and ensures timely mailing to achieve maximum participation.
- Handle day-to-day logistics of trainings and program orders.
- Advises project participants regarding program offerings and opportunities and potential funding sources for their programs or study or training activities.
- Work directly with a Site Coordinator at each of the seven coalition colleges to obtain records, assist with logistics of certificate training activities, and help ensure activity at the sites.
- Assist coalition colleges with data collection methods, tracking on each participant and reporting these data to UTTC on timely manner for quarterly reports.
- Ensure course and training evaluations are collected with each training activity to ensure effective services and provides report to the Director with plan for improvement or enhancement as needed.
- Responsible for tracking data regarding student/participant enrollment and completion of certifications and degrees for overall project.
- Coordinate all logistics for meetings, conferences and workshops as needed.
- Assist in ordering and maintaining office supplies.
- Work with TERM Network Coordinator and actively participate in the TERM Network of environmental mitigation professionals.
- Prepares and presents reports to the Director on a periodic basis or upon request.
- General office duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must display strong team work, communication, effective writing skills.
- Must be able to professional and timely manner, including publication-quality editing and authorship.
- Must possess 4 years of proficient computer knowledge with all Microsoft software tools, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must possess an Associate's Degree in Office Technology, Business or an Environmental Field, or at least 2 years of college and additional experience.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience working in a fast-paced setting with high demand.
- Must possess and display a high level of customer services skills on a daily basis.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work without direct supervision for long periods of time.
- Bachelor in Business related field.
- Familiarity with tribal colleges in the region.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in fast-paced high demand environment.
- Native American applicants.
- Honorably discharged veterans.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504