Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: CDC Aide
Department: Child Development Center
Reports Directly To: : CDC Director
Opening Date: November 26, 2013
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Greets children, parents and staff in a friendly manner and maintains a good working relationship with parents.
- Maintain a positive and constant interaction with the children.
- Assist in serving breakfast, lunch and snack to the children daily.
- Needs to be creative in daily activities with the children and staff.
- Assist children during table activities that are appro¬priate to their age and development using a variety of creative materials.
- Responsible for weekly lesson plans.
- Evaluates and records children’s progress, ie. assessments each semester/year.
- Helps children develop good cleaning habits, i.e. picking up after themselves.
- Practices and teaches children personal hygiene as appropriate to their age and development.
- Ability to work with children ranging from infants and toddlers to preschool. May be assigned from one center to another as the need arises
- Certify hours of county-approved training hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION:
Individual must complete the North Dakota Self Certification form for Early Childhood Staff/Childcare Providers as a part of the application process and have a TB Skin Test. Applicants must successfully pass a back ground check.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504