Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Case Manager
Department: Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
Opening Date: February 6, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Perform clerical duties related to the program. Operate office equipment such as fax machine, copier, and phone system, and use computer to create documents in excel, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Conduct orientation and intake services for participants. Assist participants with career exploration, applications, and resumes.
- Develop Individual Employment Plan (IEP) with client which includes: identifying needs and barriers of clients; outlines services available to meet those needs.
- Identify employment barriers and make recommendations to modify employment plans if necessary.
- Monitor and maintain the satisfactory progress of clients (students) and provide follow up activities on case management. Maintain an ongoing professional relationship with clients as well as drop-ins.
- Collects and maintains all required documentation in client files as well updating and revising existing files using appropriate filing system.
- For clientís eligibility for services, collect classroom training data each semester from United Tribes Technical Collegesí financial aid office, student accounts, and the registrarís office.
- Develop and maintain relationships with service providers, education and training providers, employers, on-the-job training programs to help identify and secure placements.
- Provide case management in collaboration with social service agencies, employment training providers and other service providers.
- Coordinate with other staff to obtain job placement activities, referral to apprenticeship and training programs.
- Maintains an accurate knowledge of the Department of Laborís common measures reporting requirements and regulations.
- Enter customer data into the BearTracks reporting system for the Department of Labor. BearTracks is a Management Information System (MIS) used to record and track customer characteristics, services received, and outcomes throughout a clientís participation in your program.
- Attend meetings, workshops, and travel when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Prior experience with similar or related function is preferred, but not required.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Must have at least two (2) years of experience working with Microsoft Professional XP, in word processing, database, spreadsheets.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504