Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Heavy Equipment Instructor
Department: Academic, Career & Technical Education
Opening Date: December 9, 2013
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Provides general leadership and oversight of the collegeís DeMaND-Heavy Equipment program to meet contemporary workforce needs, developing competency based skill development training program.
- Recruits, instructs, advises and evaluates trainees based upon the Heavy Equipment program that includes but is not limited to heavy equipment training; safety/health as related to the heavy equipment field. Assists with the orientation, registration, advising, training assessment, withdrawals, graduation, and placement of trainees.
- Monitors and reports student attendance and academic progress daily, at mid-terms, and at the conclusion of each training session.
- Oversees the initial development and establishment of heavy equipment workshop facilities (simulator). Once completed, will maintain and ensure protection of all heavy equipment and supplies.
- Establishes and ensures compliance with all safety policies and procedures by staff and students.
- Refers trainees to appropriate academic support and student/campus life services.
- Establishes productive relationships with industry sources, businesses, unions and other external agencies to promote excellence in training and appropriate job placement.
- Develops and submits reports as may be required by the college and its funding sources.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to the academic vice president regarding program needs, budgets, informational changes to trainee recruiting information, departmental policies and procedures, and acquisition of instructional materials and supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION:
Normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. with one hour lunch break. For flexible training schedules, arrangements will be made with the Vice President of Academic, Career & Technical Education.
UTTC instructors must be sensitive to the cultures of the students enrolled at the college, must be willing to learn about those cultures, and must be willing to integrate multi-cultural perspectives where appropriate.
Candidates must be knowledgeable, productive and efficient in all functions that are core competencies to the heavy equipment areas described above. Must possess a thorough understanding of the equipment, settings, and all other various processes and uses of heavy equipment.
Candidates must have good computer software skills and will be expected to become familiar with the collegeís integrated data management system. Must possess a valid driverís license.
Candidates must possess excellent organizing skills, be self-motivated, possess an above-average work ethic, be able to work independently, and demonstrate excellent communication and written skills. Prior experience and proof is required.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504