Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Teacher Education Instructor
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports Directly To: Chair of Teacher Education
Opening Date: April 26, 2016
Closing Date: May 31, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Status: 9 month - Exempt
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
1) Facilitate a learning centered environment by:
- Providing instruction to students through various delivery methods, including classroom/laboratory instruction, online learning, and learning community activities.
- Utilizing culturally responsive teaching strategies that facilitate student learning and student success.
- Preparing clear and measurable objectives, course syllabi, course materials and learning experiences for each course.
- Maintaining appropriate course records and documentation.
- Designing, developing, assessing, and overseeing program curricula.
- Implementing assessment measures that achieve course, program, and institution learning outcomes, and using the results to strengthen the curricula.
- Maintaining office hours.
- Providing academic advising and mentoring students.
- Participating in outreach for student recruitment and access to services.
- Maintaining current knowledge within the appropriate discipline and within the teaching profession.
2) Support the goals and objectives of the institution through:
- Meeting requirements for specific programs and for accreditation.
- Participating in college-sponsored professional development activities, college wide meetings and department/division/faculty meetings.
- Promoting student recruitment, retention, and successful completion of programs.
- Maintaining ongoing communications with community organizations, instructors from other tribal colleges and universities, and public agencies in support of student learning.
- Participating in college leadership, governance, and operational activities.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues, staff, and community members.
- Serving on college committees.
- Complying with college policies, rules, and procedures.
- Participating in commencement activities wearing academic cap and gown.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
PhD or EdD in Education preferred, Master’s degree in Education from a regionally accredited university required. Five (5) years successful college instruction preferred, preferably in a tribal college or related higher education environment. Knowledge of American Indian Tribes, cultures, and histories desirable.
United Tribes Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Applications and supporting documents received after the Closing Date and Time of a Job Posting will not be considered..