Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Institutional Assessment Director
Reports Directly To: College President
- Provide service and support to the president and vice presidents in developing initiatives for institutional effectiveness.
- Maintain current knowledge of the HLC/NCA requirements for re-accreditation and assist as necessary for additional program or departmental level accrediting agencies (Nursing, Education, ect.).
- Direct and participate in the development of timely preparation, processing, and distribution of state and/or federal reports as required, including but not limited to AIMS/AKIS, IPEDS, etc.
- Provide data as needed to Development Director necessary to complete required federal and/or state reports or seek additional funding.
- Work closely with technical support services personnel to ensure data integrity as maintained between Jenzabar system and institutional research information systems.
- Work to ensure effective integration of the Jenzabar system with proper institutional level functions.
- Review data as requested from academic and nonacademic departments in conjunction with the program chair, director or supervisor.
- Use SPSS software or similar software package to provide meaningful information to college administration.
- Apply methods of quantitative and qualitative data analysis in the development of multi-source summary evaluation reports, including identifying key findings and make recommendations.
- Provide leadership in project management related to assessment, including developing timelines and frameworks for implementing evaluation plans, and as needed organizing and facilitating meetings with key stakeholders, including faculty, staff, and external consultants or experts.
- Assist in the development and implementation of institutional projects, programs and surveys and disseminate information to students, staff and the public as directed; including active involvement with TJES assessment efforts.
- Adhere to all relevant regulations affecting college operations.
- Occasionally oversee individuals assisting with specific institutional assessment activities and provide direct supervision of personnel within department.
- Prepare program budget, monitor expenditures, prepare funding requests and maintain budget compliance within college guidelines.
- Pursue professional development opportunities to enhance professional skills and knowledge.
- Master's degree in education, social or applied science, public administration, business or related field
- Progressively responsible full time experience in a research or policy analysis job that includes data analysis, report writing, and project management of which at least three years should have been working in a college or university at an institutional level
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in presenting complex information and concepts effectively to a broad constituency
- Expertise in programming in a statistical package (i.e., SPSS or SAS); and experience in the use of analytic statistics in institutional research, assessment and policy analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in quantitative and qualitative research design and methodology
- Significant experience managing complex projects
- Doctoral degree, preferably in education, social science or statistics
- Experience with developing/maintaining data repositories/warehouses for use by institutional researchers
- Experience and knowledge related to regional and professional accreditation
- Experience building and using relational databases and their query tools
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504