Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Activities Coordinator
Department: Strengthening Lifestyles
Reports Directly To: Strengthening Lifestyles Director
Opening Date: October 3, 2013
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Status: 12 month, Non-exempt
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Initiates, coordinates, and supervises Strengthening Lifestyles Activities, and co-sponsored activities, campus wide.
- Instructs or coaches groups or individual activities. Demonstrate techniques, observe participants, explain measures necessary to improve their skills.
- Recruits volunteers and encourages participant involvement in activities.
- Assists S.L. Director by performing administrative functions, i.e. purchase requisitions, transportation requests, activity logs, personnel scheduling, stock office supplies etc.
- Works with all staff, faculty, and work study students to provide a Worksite Wellness Program.
- Develops and implements new and innovative Fitness Incentive Programs.
- Takes a leadership role in committees and groups key to SL activities success: Wellness Circle, Cultural Committee, etc.
- Initiates internal and external advertisement, marketing, and promotion of S.L. activities and functions, i.e. e-mail messages, displays, website content, newsletters articles, flyers, etc.
- Updates and utilizes a database of all students that attend scheduled activities, Jenzabar-Student Life Module.
- Checks all recreation equipment and facilities daily to maintain order and cleanliness and functionality.
- Supervises the oversight of areas including Fitness/Sauna/Whirlpool, Cardio room and Healing room.
- Reviews and approves/disapproves work-study/LTE timesheets. Primary contact for work-study/LTE Students.
- Coordinates SL Department room reservations- scheduling and set-ups for meetings and events in the healing room and multipurpose room.
- Enforces safety rules and maintain safety compliance, i.e. whirlpool ph levels, parent/child supervision, etc.
- Attends weekly Dept. Meetings and presents department activity summaries/assessment. Attends meetings in absence of S.L. Director.
- Team leader for annual inventory survey.
- Fulfills daily cleaning duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION:
Employee must display professional behavior and commitment to the Strengthening Lifestyles Department and United Tribes Technical College as outlined in the Strengthening Lifestyles Handbook and UTTC Staff Manual.
Employee found violating policies set forth in the Strengthening Lifestyles Handbook, Staff/Student Handbook may be terminated. Strengthening Lifestyles staff is expected to uphold, enforce and live by campus alcohol/drug policies. Staff members have an obligation to hold each other accountable to the expectations established in this document can expect to be disciplined as employees of Strengthening Lifestyles/UTTC with the potential outcome of termination.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504