Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Higher Education Director, UTTC Black Hills Learning Center
Reports Directly To: Vice President, Academic-Career-Technical Education
Status: Full-time Non-exempt
- Actively assists in the development, promotion and day-to-day administration of the UTTC Black Hills Learning Center in Rapid City, S.D. to ensure academic excellence while maximizing the return on invested capital.
- Provides effective leadership in the development, offering and evaluation of academic programs, training activities and student support services through appropriate and approved delivery models implemented under the auspices of United Tribes Technical College.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with pertinent accreditation standards, with applicable federal and state regulations, and with UTTC policies and procedures.
- Protects the assets of the college and promotes a safe environment for students, staff and guests.
- Conducts administrative follow-up with faculty and instructional support staff on course schedules, curricula development and revisions, procurement of instructional resources (especially textbooks), syllabi submissions, course evaluations, learning technology applications, student-teacher relationships and interventions, college catalog, student handbook, and academic year calendar.
- Actively assists the college administration and academic department leadership (department chairs) with institutional marketing and with the recruitment, orientation and registration of students desiring to pursue higher education opportunities through UTTC.
- Manages and assesses key higher education metrics including enrollment, academic progress, retention, completion and placement of students; long- and short-range program goal attainment; student, graduate and employer satisfaction; instructional performance; and cost-effectiveness.
- Ensures strong human resource management through the hiring, immediate oversight and evaluation of the BHLC instructional and student support services personnel. Coordinate orientation and mentoring activities for new faculty and instructional support staff.
- Develops and maintains active networks leading to effective internal and external relationships with students, faculty, staff, alumni, and leaders of the local business and educational communities. The director will actively coordinate with a local advisory committee established to provide input about the educational and workforce training needs of the Native American community.
- Collaborates with the college administration on the procurement and budgeting of financial resources to implement current and new programs and services.
- Supports the UTTC Educational Outreach team to develop, plan and coordinate dual enrollment educational activities with the local schools and to coordinate educational activities for continuing education units (CEUs).
- Participates in pertinent meetings, conference calls, etc. related to the mission of UTTC and the scope of work of the BHLC.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504