Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Property Technician - Inventory Specialist
Department: Property & Supply
Reports Directly To: Property & Supply Mgr.
Opening Date: July 30, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Conducts initial, exit, joint and annual inventories
- Prepares Receiving Reports for supplies distributed
- Secures signatures for delivered supplies
- Maintains the Purchase Order File
- Inventories incoming freight against invoices, shipping documents and purchase orders
- Processes return documents for damaged freight
- Delivers freight and supplies to customers
- Prepares shipping documents (UPS, FedEx etc.) for outbound freight
- Signs for received freight
- Sends processed documentation to Finance
- Tags appropriate property prior to entering into the Automated Property Book
- Prepares Lateral Transfer Documents and obtains appropriate signatures
- Communicates with Information Technology Department for the disposal of technology equipment
- Serves as Property Disposal Officer
- Contacts vendors for incomplete shipments or discrepancies in shipping documents
- Operates Fork Lift, Two-Ton Truck and Delivery Van
- Uses Microsoft Windows and Excel Computer Programs
- Performs duties of the Supply Clerk and /or Property & Supply Manager in their absence
- Will monitor Warehouse and Back Gate area
- Assists in maintaining a safe and friendly environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 6 months to one (1) related experience.
- Must be proficient in computer software programs such as; MS Office, Word, Works, etc.
- Associate degree in Office Technology or related field is preferred.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504