Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Grant Writer/Developer External Funding
Reports Directly To: Director of Institutional Development
Opening Date: Jan. 2, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (masters degree preferred).
- Five (5) years grant-writing and/or grant administration experience.
- Five (5) years experience in post secondary, governmental, or community-based organization educational programs.
- Five (5) years experience in project planning and evaluation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and analyze budgets and financial reports.
- Knowledge of effective grant-writing procedures and sources of grant funds.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work with diverse groups and lead groups to consensus on complex tasks and decisions.
- Ability to analyze and interpret legal documents.
- Ability to design, develop, and evaluate procedures and operational systems.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain positive public relations with diverse groups both within the organization and in the community.
- Ability to manage time effectively and to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to plan and prioritize projects, monitor and evaluate project implementation, and modify systems and procedures as needed.
- Computer literacy and research skills.
- Work samples
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504