Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports Directly To: Housing Director
Opening Date: Jan. 14, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Status: Full-time permanent
- Greet Visitors and assist with a friendly customer service approach.
- Answer all main stream phone calls and assist callers with the appropriate information or refer to the proper department staff person. Take messages and contact information.
- Manage and maintain files, materials, reports, logs, correspondence, and documentation of phone calls that require important information that allows the department to follow proper procedures.
- Regular interaction with the staff members including technical department.
- Punctual and reliable in reporting for scheduled work.
- Submit maintenance work orders online when needed.
- Schedule appointments for Housing Director and other housing staff when needed.
- Obtain incoming mail. Prepare outgoing mail.
- Replying to the emails received by the students/tenants.
- Handle managerial duties in the absence of Housing Director.
- Set up, organize and maintain files-student files, housing inspections, and general correspondence.
- Update various log books on the Jenzabar System and other housing data information.
- Provide clear and consistent daily communication with the tenants, housing staff and interdepartmentally staff.
- Attend workshops and/or training as needed.
- Type reports, correspondence, certified storage letters, meeting summaries, minutes for the Housing Director upon request.
- Complete Travel Authorizations and Purchase Requisitions and other forms as requested.
- Order Office supplies as needed.
- Perform monthly inspections when needed.
- On occasion; assist with custodial duties upon great need.
- Maintain waiting list for new housing applications for upcoming semesters.
- Complete all housing assignments and send out assignment letters.
- Perform Housing orientation for new tenants.
- Provide assistance with Low Income Housing Tax Credit property, including new move-ins, recertifications.
- Cross train with the Low Income Housing Tax Credit property in the area of compliance.
- Excellent in typing and good communicational skills.
- Good at writing and solving problems quickly.
- Capable of operating various office equipment; fax machines, scanners, telephones and computers.
- Capable of handling a team.
- Other duties as assigned by the Housing Director.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504