Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Parent Educator Ė FACE Program
Department: Theodore Jamerson Elementary School
Opening Date: 1/27/2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Will serve for the Home-Based component of Family and Children Education (FACE) program serving families of prenatal to 5-year old children.
- Will provide research-based information on how children grow and develop and support parents on how to foster learning nurture developments in their role as their childís first teacher.
- Plans with FACE staff strategies for recruiting families to participate in FACE program. Establishes rapport with families participating in FACE program.
- Makes home visits to implement the curriculum and age appropriate activities.
- Assists parent in implementing activities to promote the social, emotional, physical and cognitive growth of children, ages 0-5.
- Monitors home environments by making home visits to ensure that these provide developmentally appropriate learning experience specific to the home type.
- Recognizes behavior and/or development of children deviating from the norms.
- Screens each child enrolled in the FACE program using prescribed assessment tolls, including PAT Health Questionnaire, hearing and vision functional assessments, direct observations onsite, PT Milestones, and the AGES and Stages Questionnaire.
- Uses paraprofessional knowledge of early detection of delayed development in order to make referrals to appropriate diagnostic and/or treatment processes.
- Collaborate with other appropriate agencies/programs.
- Helps families to access community resources.
- Acts as parent/child advocate. Serves as educational advisor and resource person to parents.
- Takes initiative to research materials and community resources needed to address parental needs, concerns, and/or questions.
- Establishes and maintains participantís formation of group meetings, periodic newsletter, and parent support group if necessary. Arranges or conducts parenting sessions concerning age appropriate topics.
- Conducts or facilitates monthly meetings for families participating in FACE program.
- Works as a team member of FACE program: recruiting, advertising, visiting families, writing newsletter articles to publicize program and encourage participation.
- Collects and maintains statistical data for planning and reporting purposes in accordance with the FACE program requirements.
- Prepares various reports needed to maintain PAT certification and signed assurances.
- Must be sensitive to the cultures of participants enrolled in the program.
- Must be able to establish rapport with families and empower parents by building on their strengths.
- Attend trainings and professional staff development.
- Treats participants with dignity and respect.
- Is highly organized and adaptable to the participantís goals and needs.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Must be physically qualified in performing highly active technician work associated with FACE program.
- Must be able to travel extensively and must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must possess an Associates of Arts degree or 60 college hours, to state certification for paraprofessionals.
- Must be certified by PAT after training and maintain certification annually.
- Must have a valid North Dakota Driverís License.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504