Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Transportation Development Specialist
Department: Northern Plains Tribal Technical Assistance Program
Reports Directly To:
Opening Date: January 28, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Researching and evaluating existing curriculum materials for flagger training, CDL training, etc.
- Classroom testing of materials produced as part of the project for students, agencies, etc.
- Making revisions in response to field-testing of materials for improvement.
- Making presentations at conferences, workshops promoting the project via oral, power point presentations, video, etc.
- Review materials written by transportation specialists that are related to the training project.
- Working with computer programs to develop material for on-line availability.
- Establishing a networking relationship with tribal transportation planners to solicit their ideas in the development of the curriculum materials.
- Working knowledge of IRR (Indian Reservation Roads) and/or transportation/planning.
- Will begin to develop, implement and evaluate strategies toward the Tribal Technical Assistance Program, in coordinating, communicating and cooperating with all agencies regarding the Indian Reservation Roads Program.
- All other duties as assigned.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504