Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Accounts Receivable/Travel Technician
Department: Finance and Business Services
Opening Date: May 27, 2014
Closing Date: Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Controller, performs all or some of the following duties:
- Responsible for billing, accounts receivable, reconcile and collect travel.
- Prepares monthly invoices for various UTTC departments.
- Sends copy of General ledger transactions to various departments.
- Builds and maintains A/R and aging report.
- Maintains filing system for billing, A/R, travel, invoices, etc.
- Issues travel advances, processing trip reports.
- Responsible for petty cash, meal tickets and cash receipts.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts with various accounts and produces monthly accounts receivable, aging reports and distributions to enterprises.
- Corrects discrepancies for A/R, general ledger, travel, and aging reports.
- Must assist and participate in cross training with other finance department duties.
- Assists employees, vendors, clients, students, staff, or customers by answering questions related to financial accounts, procedures and services.
- Maintains a record of billings for auditing purposes.
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION:
Works collaboratively with the Strengthening Lifestyles Department in planning student wellness activities.
General office conditions. Due to reporting deadlines, changes in workload, and other similar reasons the incumbent must be prepared to work outside of normal working hours, including weekends as necessary. Will need to bend, stoop and lift 20 – 25 lbs. in the course of duties and be able to walk up and down stairs. Normal working hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with (1) one hour lunch break.
Associate of Science degree in Accounting or Business Management and two years of experience. Individual must have at least 2 years of experience working with Microsoft Office 2000, scanning, database, and faxing. Must have the ability to read comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and be able to write simple correspondence. Individual must be bondable. Must also be able to learn new computer software i.e. Jenzabar.
Must be consistently at work and on time. Approach others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or positions. Accepts responsibility for own actions and follow through on commitments.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
If selected for the position, the applicant is subject to a complete background investigation with a favorable determination.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504