Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Financial Aid Advisor
Department: Enrollment Services
Reports Directly To: Financial Aid Manager
Opening Date: June 12, 2014
Closing Date: Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Financial Aid Director, performs the following duties:
- Meet and counsel students, parents and others to explain and discuss the details of the financial aid application and awarding processes.
- Stay current with federal regulations and UTTC policies pertaining to financial aid awarded to students. Eligibility determination of federal, state, institutional and other relevant aid programs
- Accurately uses Jenzabar and PowerFAIDS software as well as paper filing system to meet institutional documentation policies.
- Develop and formulate appropriate aid packages for students.
- Formulate, produce and distribute financial aid award notification and ensures that the financial aid has been awarded and appropriately disbursed and credited to the student’s account.
- Develop and gather appropriate materials, organizes and helps present student financial data and other detailed information submitted by students and their parents.
- Maintains a thorough understanding and accurate knowledge of Title IV Financial Aid regulations and UTTC programs, policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service problem solving skills to resolve difficult situations.
- General mailings, faxing, and emailing including tracking of student correspondence and document receipt and submission in PowerFAIDS.
- Assists students in completion of Free Application for Federal Student Aid, Scholarship applications and other financial aid paperwork, including verification. Provides students with needs analysis documentation.
- Answers student inquiries accurately and courteously, consistently assisting students to access all relevant financial aid services, including locating additional funding sources and social services.
- Maintains a financial aid advising relationship with assigned students and vocational advisors.
- Represents the Office of Financial Aid on UTTC committees as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Office conditions. Normal work hours from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm with one hour for lunch. Occasional overtime may be required.
Associate degree in business, human services or related field. Two year work experience in higher education or related field. Excellent Computer skills and ability to type. Ability to interact in a professional manner with customers and coworkers. Excellent oral and written communication skills and general familiarity with common business practices and procedures.
To thrive in this role, you will need strong interpersonal skills, effective oral and written communication skills, good coaching and leadership skills and the ability to influence at all levels. You will need to thrive while working independently and be comfortable with research and analysis and be highly organized. This position is responsible for the audit/review of our student files and internal processes, to ensure compliance. The position is responsible for the review of all aspects of UTTC Financial Aid procedures, and to monitor and ensure compliance with Federal, State and Accrediting agency regulations as required. The right candidate will play an integral part in the future expansion of our Department.
Must possess the ability to be efficient on a computer, knowledgeable about Microsoft Office and be comfortable learning new software programs. Will need to work well under pressure and ability to interact in a positive manner with the public. Must understand and maintain confidentiality on all matters regarding student files.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE
3315 UNIVERSITY DRIVE
BISMARCK, ND 58504