Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Administrative Assistant of Student & Campus Services
Department: Student & Campus Services
Opening Date: June 19, 2014
Closing Date: Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Student & Campus Services, performs all or some the following duties:
- Type correspondence, memos, letters, reports, purchase requisitions, and other documents for Student & Campus Services.
- Greets visitors and conducts visitors to appropriate person; answers phones for department staff.
- Organize office operations and procedures.
- Must have knowledge in the following area’s; office administration, human resource management and supervision, high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
- Must demonstrate; excellent interpersonal skills, team building and decision making.
- Must be effective in verbal & listening communication, organizational skills, stress management, and time management.
- Must be respectful, flexible and have sound work ethics.
- Attend meetings; record proceedings, take minutes and type reports.
- Schedules appointments, airline schedules, travel requisitions for Vice President and Senior Vice President of Student & Campus Services.
- Maintain file system, phones, faxes and calendars for Vice President and Senior Vice President of Student & Campus Services.
- Maintain all conference rooms on campus.
- Maintain all incoming mail for Student & Campus Services Building; sort and distribute.
- Coordinate repairs for office equipment.
- Maintain all logs; purchase requisition log, request log and mail log for Student & Campus Services.
- Responsible to make sure there are adequate office supplies and forms.
- Prepare Time Sheets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General office conditions. Normal working hours are from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm with one hour for lunch.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred. AA/AAS Office Technology or related field with a minimum of two (2) years working experience in bookkeeping and/or accounting. Must be able to operate office machines, personal computers and strong background in Microsoft Office applications.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).