Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Electrician Instructor
Department: Academic, Career & Technical Education
Opening Date: June 20, 2014
Closing Date: Until Filled
Status: Exempt, 12 Month
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the general supervision of the Electrician Director , performs the following duties:
- Instructs and advise students based upon the master course schedule, degree plans, and student contracts, and curricula approved by the Curriculum Committee and the Vice President of Academic, Career & Technical Education.
- Assists the Director with the assessment, orientation, registration, advising, withdrawals, and graduation of students.
- Assists the Director with developing culturally-relevant curricula, lesson plans and other postsecondary coursework materials that achieve student competencies and meet industry workforce standards. Course syllabi will be updated and submitted on a semester basis to the Registrar’s office and to the academic vice president.
- Monitors and reports student attendance and academic progress daily, at mid-terms, and at the end of Finals week through the Jenzabar system.
- Maintains and protects all equipment and supplies in shop areas. Ensures compliance with all shop safety policies and procedures by staff and students.
- Refers students to appropriate academic support and student/campus life services.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to the Director regarding program needs, budgets, informational changes to the college catalog, departmental policies and procedures, and acquisition of instructional materials and supplies.
- Participates in student learning assessments, student advising, program evaluation, classroom observations, institutional committees, all hand conversation meeting, professional development activities, vocational club, and other activities required by the institution.
- Coordinates and supervises approved projects.
- Coordinates with the Director and prepares the program for comprehensive evaluations by the N.D. Department of Career and Technical Education and for re-accreditation by the NCA Higher Learning Commission.
- Will participate in graduation commencement wearing cap and gown.
- Other duties as assigned.
General classroom conditions; outdoor situations dependent upon approved seasonal projects. Normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. with one hour lunch break. For flexible scheduling, arrangements will be made with the Director.
UTTC instructors must be sensitive to the cultures of the students enrolled at the college, must be willing to learn about those cultures, and must be willing to integrate multi-cultural perspectives where appropriate.
Applicants must have at least five (5) years of active experience in teaching and/or electrician work, preferably in a supervisory capacity. Applicant must have or be able to obtain a CTE teaching certificate from the state of North Dakota. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Ability to work with diverse groups of people is desirable.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).