Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Summer Maintenance Worker/Groundskeeper
Reports Directly To: Maintenance Supervisor
Opening Date: April 29, 2014
Closing Date: Until Filled
Status: Non-Exempt, Temporary
Special Conditions: Not to exceed 180 days
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, performs all or some of the following duties.
1. Paint buildings inside and out.
2. Assist with carpentry.
3. Assist with plumbing duties.
4. Assist with electrical duties.
5. Haul supplies and furniture.
6. Move Appliances.
7. Cleans walks, driveways, streets and parking lots.
8. Cuts grass and trim trees.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Position requires lifting, stooping, crawling and climbing in the performance of duties.
- Qualified applicant will have a high school diploma or equivalent and three years full time paid experience.
- Must have an acceptable motor vehicle record and a CURRENT Driver’s License.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).