Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Human Resource Technician
Department: Human Resources
Closing Date: Until Filled
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Human Resource Director, performs all or some of the following duties:
- Files and maintains, personnel files, I-9’s, workmen’s comp, background checks character, and background checks.
- Types and distributes job advertising under the supervision of the HR director.
- Will work closely with Director’s, Supervisors and VP’s in setting up job interviews.
- Takes applications, enters application information, files applications, prepares applications for review by supervisors, directors or VP’s, and sets up interviews.
- Enters (new hire) data into the computer utilizing Jenzabar.
- Conduct orientations in absence of HR Assistant, for all new employees on policies, procedures and benefits.
- Conducts applicant’s employment verifications.
- Conducts applicant’s character investigations.
- Conducts background checks.
- Set up Full time and Part Time employee information into Jenzabar system for payroll processing.
- Corresponds with departments to post and advertise vacant positions with various local media’s.
- Generates letters informing applicants of selection and non-selections.
- Creates initial contracts for new hires.
- Conducts follow up on employee selection notice, and paperwork, and process non-select letters.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, gives assistance to caller if applicable.
- Will prepare employee contracts for signature and distribution.
- Types correspondence letters, memos, and emails.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Upholds confidentiality.
- Orders office supplies and creates/maintains purchase requisitions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General office conditions. Will need to be able to bend, stoop, and occasional lifting. Will need to occasionally work additional hours as the need arises.
Associate degree in Human Resource / Business Administration / or Office Technology. Two years work related. Must have a minimum of 5 years of work related experience with computers. Ability to work well with people in various situations. Will need to pass a background check. Must uphold strictest confidentiality.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).