Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Bookstore On-Line Sales Technician/Clerk
Reports Directly To: Bookstore Manager
Opening Date: January 7, 2015
Closing Date: Wednesday January 21, 2015 5:00p.m.
Status: 12 month; Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Bookstore Manager the Bookstore On-Line Sales Technician/Clerk performs all or some of the following duties:
- Assists and helps customers with purchases by providing excellent customer service. This involves greeting the customer, determining the customer needs, closing the sale, thanking the customer and invites them to come back again.
- Support store operations by accurately and efficiently recording cash and charge transactions using Quick Books Pro software.
- Unpacking freight, verifying quantities and prices on purchase order, fill out receiving report, price & code merchandise, re-stock merchandise or put in storeroom.
- Makes deliveries on-campus to various departments when needed.
- Re-stocking shelves fold and straighten sportswear.
- Answers Phone – Transfer Calls – Take Messages.
- Fax Purchase Orders to Vendors.
- Make Xerox Copies.
- Assist in monthly and yearly inventory.
- Assist with ordering of supplies, notebooks, and sportswear, gift and novelty items.
- Assist in ordering graduation caps & gowns for students & faculty.
- Develop, Implement & Maintain On-Line Store.
- Take Digital Pictures of merchandise for On-Line Store.
- Enter Descriptions & item #’s for merchandise for On-Line Store.
- Research other On-Line stores for ideas, products & equipment.
- Invoice & process On-Line orders including packaging.
- Submit articles to Campus Newsletter Monthly.
- Submit Announcements to Campus via Intranet when needed.
- Entering Student Charges & Credits in Jenzebar.
- Assist in Organizing Backroom & Storerooms.
- Get Mail Daily.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
This position requires working primarily indoors in an office environment, at a level-surface desk, with access to stairs and an elevator. Requirements of the position include sitting for long periods of time, walking, standing, finger dexterity, good vision, and good speaking skills and the ability to hear within normal range. Use of a keyboard, computer and telephone is required. The position also involves working under time pressures and deadlines. Position will require lifting up to 30 lbs or more. Normal working hours are from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm with one hour lunch break. Occasional work may be required after normal working hours.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).