Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: TEMPORARY POWWOW SECURITY
Reports Directly To: Security Supervisor
Opening Date: July 8, 2014
Closing Date: Until Filled
Duration: September 4, 2014 – September 14, 2014
Salary: $8.00 per hour
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Security Chief coordinates security services toward the accomplishment of departmental and organizational objectives. Report directly to the Security Chief regarding departmental issues, and to provide quality services to the Powwow guests, personnel, and vendors.
- Hours will be 8am-8pm/8pm-8am twelve hours shifts.
- Security specials will rotate their locations every hour on the hour
- Security specials will be on foot patrol around the arena and campus
- Security specials will be issued a radio which they are responsible for (all radios will be numbered and turned in at the end of each shift)
- Report any/all activity to regular UTTC Department Dispatch and Security.
- The security chief and shift supervisors will assign details and will make assignments as they see fit.
- Report to the security office for detailed instructions at the start of shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Will be courteous at all times
- Will treat all guests with respect
- Will ensure safety & security for all guests
- Will ensure parking for the handicap
- Will perform traffic control, crowd control
- Will monitor drug and alcohol incidents, gang activity, and any kind of suspicious activity and report to supervisor assigned to them
- Will respond to all calls including domestic violence, fights, and or disagreements calls and inform dispatch.
- Will remain in constant contact with dispatch – Location and status checks
All special security MUST dress professional any unprofessional dress attire he or she will be dismissed immediately. Males and Females must dress accordingly while on duty; long hair must be pulled in a braid, no long nails, jewelry or earrings. No face or visible piercing of any kind during working hours. Any special security that are late will be automatically dismissed from the work roster. No leaving the campus during shift, no exceptions. No bringing in guests. No exceptions. Insubordination of any kind will result in immediate termination and those individual will be prohibited from working with powwow security indefinitely.
High School Diploma or equivalent and three (3) years full-time paid related experience, or
High School Diploma or equivalent and two (2) years related education and one (1) year full-time related paid experience.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).