Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Director of Enrollment Services
Department: Student & Campus Services
Reports Directly To: To: Vice President of Student & Campus Services
Opening Date: July 9, 2014
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Director of Enrollment Services is responsible for the formulation of strategy as well as the development and implementation of an integrated marketing and recruitment plan to attain student enrollment goals for all programs. The director will collaborate to provide the vision, energy, managerial and entrepreneurial acumen, command of recruitment technology and leadership abilities necessary for the development of a high-quality, evidence-based enrollment program. The director provides strategic vision, development, and oversight for a broad portfolio including the offices of Admission; Financial Aid; Student Accounts; Office of the Registrar; and College Works and Default Prevention. The director will exercise an entrepreneurial approach to building and implementing an effective, data-informed enrollment management and integrated marketing plan to recruit new and transfer students, build the institutional brand, and achieve strategic goals of the College. In consultation with the VP of Academics and VP of Finance, the director will design sustainable models for tuition pricing and leveraging of financial aid. Supporting staff development and continuous improvement, strengthening cross department/division collaboration, and optimizing technology and curricular innovation are essential to success. The director also insures compliance with federal and state regulations and oversees comprehensive services for students and the campus community throughout the recruitment, retention, admission, and enrollment processes.
- Develops and utilizes a comprehensive and effective strategic plan to build recruitment strategies and partnerships to identify new markets and increase enrollment of future students (face-to-face and online).
- Design financial aid approaches to effectively leverage scholarship resources;
- Leads the creation, organization, implementation and evaluation of recruitment, enrollment, and retention plans, strategies, policies, and processes. Ensures such programming is evidence-based.
- Generates reports and utilizes assessment strategies to determine recruitment, enrollment, and retention plan effectiveness.
- Manages annual budget and report expenditures monthly.
- Provides management and supervisory oversight to the personnel assigned to the offices of Admissions; Financial Aid; Student Accounts; Registrar; and College Works and Default Prevention.
- Implements effective management strategies with employees in such areas as on-going professional development, mentoring, and customer service awareness.
- Leverages UTTC tuition modeling, scholarships, and financial opportunities to support enrollment and revenue goals.
- Incorporates technology and social media effectively in student recruitment.
- Engages the UTTC community in long-term conversations about enrollment and retention goals and aspirations.
- Integrates faculty, staff, and alumni in efforts to effectively highlight the school to perspective students and the community at large.
- Ensures legal and ethical compliance with applicable federal and state educational law and guidelines.
- Manages the maintenance of student communications and provides on-going guidance to staff on proper communication protocols.
- At the discretion of the President, serves as an official representative of UTTC with various internal and external constituents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Normal working hours are from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm with one hour for lunch. Additional hours will be required as needed to complete projects. Occasional travel may be required.
Ability to lift, bend, stoop and carry equipment as needed. Ability to walk up and down steps on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in higher education administration, student development, business, finance or related area. Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state, Tribal and institutional financial aid programs.
- Five or more years of progressive executive experience within the areas of financial aid, enrollment and student development, with special knowledge of academic standards of excellence. Experience with Tribal colleges and universities highly desirable.
- Familiarity with current and contemporary issues and trends in higher education recruitment and retention, along with a strong understanding of student development theory.
- Experience with recruitment and admissions best practices, along with an entrepreneurial spirit for supporting creative recruitment and marketing approaches.
- Broad knowledge of tuition modeling and financial aid strategy and development that optimizes student recruitment and supports diversity.
- Knowledge of strategic institutional branding and targeted marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to engage staff to build on past successes while fostering change.
- Student-centered philosophy.
- Progressively increasing experience in accounting, procurement, budget and budget forecasting, student accounting, human resources, risk management, or internal auditing required.
- Commitment to values of Innovation, Education, Customer Service and Community with a strong understanding of diversity.
- Experience with a variety of student populations and supporting students accessing education via a variety of delivery modalities.
- Proven leadership and personnel management skills exhibited in a professional, positive, respectful and productive manner.
- Ability and willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).