Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Dean of Academic Instruction
Department: Academic, Career & Technical Education
Opening Date: July 11, 2014
Closing Date: Until Filled
Under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Academic-Career-Technical Education, the Dean of Academic Instruction will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide professional leadership and administrative support of general and career-technical education programs at the certificate, associate and baccalaureate degree granting levels.
- Conduct administrative follow-up with faculty and instructional support staff on course schedules, curricula development and revisions, procurement of instructional resources (especially textbooks), syllabi submissions, course evaluations, learning technology applications, student-teacher relationships and interventions, college catalog, student handbook, and academic year calendar.
- Assist academic department chairs with the development and implementation of departmental action plans, budgets, student learning assessments, and program evaluations.
- Conduct and/or facilitate faculty evaluations, classroom observations and mediations of academic-related student appeals and grievances.
- Assist the academic vice president with planning, scheduling and facilitating department chairs meetings, All-Hands Conversations events, graduate honoring and commencement exercises, Professional Development days, student experiential activities, specialized training programs, and the annual All-Campus Assessment Day event.
- Provide oversight of faculty credentials, teaching certifications and individual professional development plans and activities in collaboration with the Human Resources Office.
- Coordinate orientation and mentoring activities for new faculty and instructional support staff.
- Assist with planning and preparations for institutional accreditation and academic program certifications.
- Monitor meetings and activities of academic advisory boards/committees and student club activities.
- Participate in personnel interviews, college committee activities, professional development events, and pertinent administrative meetings as requested.
- Represent the college at key meetings and conferences in the absence of the academic vice president.
- Will participate in commencement exercises in gown and cap.
The dean of academic instruction will provide supervision of the faculty and instructional support staff when delegated by and in the absence of the academic vice president.
General office conditions with normal working hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Overnight travel may be required from time to time. May have to commit additional time to complete projects and/or meet special deadlines.
The candidate will possess at least a masters degree from an accredited institution in the fields of education administration, program management or higher education. Have at least three years experience in postsecondary education, preferably in a tribal college or university setting. Have excellent communications skills and above-average writing skills. Must be familiar with both educational assessment and program evaluation processes. Must have experience with a variety of technologies and technology applications including word processing, data management, spreadsheets, power point presentations, share points and portal systems. Have superior abilities to plan, coordinate and evaluate programs and events. Have prior experience in interacting cooperatively with students, faculty and student support staff, administrators, community business leaders, Tribal government representatives, and state and federal government officials. Grant-writing experience would be ideal.
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).