Employment Opportunities at UTTC
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Title: Director of Community Wellness
Department: Community Wellness
Reports Directly To: Vice President of Student & Campus Services
Opening Date: January 7, 2015
Closing Date: Wednesday January 21, 2015 5:00p.m.
Status: 12 month; Exempt
To provide professional customer service. To provide leadership for the following departments that resides within the Wellness Center organizational structure: Chemical Health Center, Student Health Center, Domestic Violence Advocate, Center for Academic & Personal Counseling, Disability Support Service, and Strengthening Lifestyles.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the Lewis Good House Wellness Center including the six departments which include: Chemical Health Center, Student Health Center, Domestic Violence Advocate, Center for Academic & Personal Success, Disability Support Services, and Strengthening Lifestyles.
- Advise the Vice President of Student & Campus Services in short and long term planning in support of the S&CS Strategic plan.
- Establishes, monitors, evaluates, and modifies processes, procedures, standards, and/or best practices ensuring alignment with the College's mission, vision and values.
- Remains current and adheres to legal requirements that affect students in higher education, i.e., FERPA, HIPAA, ADA, and/all governing guidelines related to UTTC community.
- Provides direction in program assurance to ensure that the Wellness Center departments are effective.
- Experience in working with third party billing systems.
- Review and evaluate college-wide publications such as the Student Handbook, Catalog, Brochures, and Web Page to ensure the Wellness Center information is current.
- Provides direction in planning, developing, and conducting departmental evaluations and/or assessments for future program planning.
- Conduct weekly meetings with department heads.
- Manage, supervise and conduct performance evaluations for the department Directors, Coordinators, Advocate, and Wellness Center Administrative Assistant.
- Conduct monthly meetings with all Wellness Center staff.
- Participate in various committees, task forces, and projects internally.
- Network and participate in external committees and agencies to represent UTTC in a positive manner.
- Research and apply for grants if applicable to the mission, vision, and values of the Wellness Center.
- Coordinate on-call duties and responsibilities of Wellness staff for after hours and weekend coverage.
Supervises (4) Directors, (1) Coordinator, and (1) Wellness Administrative Assistant
Normal working hours are from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday. To be available on-call and after hours for the Student & Campus Services Vice President in any crisis situations.
A Master's degree in Health Care Administration, Nursing, and/or Social Science Administration. Previous experience within a Post-Secondary setting and/or Vocational Educational Programming. Ability to manage and write grants. Ability to assess departmental effectiveness and make recommendations for future planning. Working knowledge of Microsoft software and Outlook. Demonstrated ability to operate basic office equipment; copier, fax machine, digital phone system. Provide demonstrated experience in supervising and managing staff
Preference will be given to bona fide American Indian applicants in accordance with UTTC policies and Federal Indian regulations for such preference.
UNITED TRIBES TECHNICAL COLLEGE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGIOUS PREFERENCE, AGE, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL PREFERENCE, OR MEMBERSHIP OR NON-MEMBERSHIP IN AN EMPLOYEE ORGANIZATION, EXCEPT AS ALLOWED BY THE INDIAN PREFERENCE PROVISION OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, AS AMENDED.
PERSONS OF INDIAN ANCESTRY WHO ARE AT LEAST 1/4 DEGREE AND WISH TO CLAIM INDIAN PREFERENCE SHOULD SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CERTIFICATE INDICATING THEIR DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD AND AGENCY ENROLLED.
Interested individual should submit the following application materials to the Human Resource Director:
Completed UTTC Application - call for a copy, or you can download a copy from www.uttc.edu.
Reference letters or names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three individuals familiar with your preparation / experience.
Unofficial copies of transcripts (Official copies required if hired).