Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Manage Jenzabar permissions to modules, activity centers, functions, and JICS through permissions settings management.
- Create and modify InfoMaker reports and Izenda reports for the purpose of assisting users in internal and external reporting, providing data for institutional research purposes, facilitating interdepartmental communication, and promoting shared data integrity and data correction.
- Work with IT (Information Technology) to ensure JICS web interface and Jenzabar EX are properly integrated and maintained.
- Collaborate with directors and module managers to plan and facilitate Jenzabar training.
- Facilitate ongoing staff and faculty development on the use of Jenzabar tools and applications.
- Serve as liaison between faculty and staff and campus IT to identify technical issues with Jenzabar tools and applications, report in a timely manner, and then follow-up until issue is resolved.
- Work with IT to coordinate testing of Jenzabar EX and JICS patches, updates, upgrades, and releases following vendor-recommended best practices and procedures in test environments prior to release in production and to maintain the Play and Production databases up to date.
- Work with Institutional Research Director and other UTTC faculty and staff to define data elements and parameters, collect, manage, analyze and provide recommendations based on output to secure contracts with 3rd party vendors for products and services.
- Work with departments to develop process and training guides and train other data coordinators across the college.
- Facilitate and chair regularly scheduled module manager committee meetings.
- Collaborate with other TCUs for the purpose of sharing resources associated with effective use of the Jenzabar system.
- Attends workshops and meetings for professional development.
- Serve on institutional committees as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with a one hour unpaid lunch break. Will need to work after 5 p.m. on occasion during the week and during the day on weekends.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or other related field from a regionally accredited college or university preferred, minimum of a Bachelors degree required.
- Three (3) years of experience in higher education required.
- Two (2) years of progressive experience with Jenzabar EX, database reporting tools such as InfoMaker or Crystal Reports, and JICS applications required.
- Two (2) years of experience in training and training development preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated experience with technical writing.
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 28, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.