Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
The Custodian performs a full range of custodial duties related to the care, maintenance and cleaning. Essential responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Sweep, vacuum, shampoo, mop, wax and polish floors;
- Clean, disinfect and sanitize restroom facilities and fixtures including sinks, urinals and toilets;
- Replenish supplies in restrooms;
- Wash accessible windows, mirrors and walls;
- Empty, clean, disinfect and sanitize waste receptacles;
- Must submit a daily, weekly or monthly checklist of work performed in buildings;
- Pick up paper, litter or other debris;
- Replace light bulbs where applicable;
- Assist with set up of meetings, classrooms, conferences or events;
- Dust, wipe and polish furniture as needed;
- Remove snow from sidewalks and entryways using snow shovels or blower. Spread ice melting chemicals;
- Requests supplies or materials for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensures availability of items required;
- Must work a minimum of eight (8) hours during Powwow weekend; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position requires working days, evenings, some weekends and holidays. Additional hours may be required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools, and equipment of the Janitorial Services.
- Ability to operate and use Janitorial tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of the qualities and uses of various cleaning, sanitizing, stripping, and waxing compounds.
- Must maintain a current OSHA 10 card.
- Individual must have a valid driver’s license.
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 24, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.