Registrar's Office
Phone: 701.255.3285 Ext. 3000
Fax: 701.530.0636

Office Hours:
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Upper Floor
Jack Barden Center


Where can I find the academic calendar?

The UTTC Academic Calendar is available on and is listed under the "Academics" drop down menu.

How do I get registered for classes?

Students must visit with their academic advisor to register for class and add/drop a course.

Can I drop or withdraw anytime?

A student may drop courses without a record up until the 10th day of the Academic Term (Census Date). After the Census Date, a student may drop courses until the “Last Day to Drop/Withdraw.” Please view the dates on the academic calendar. A student may withdraw after the college’s deadline but must provide proof of unforeseeable circumstances that force the student to withdraw. Add/Drop forms and Withdrawal forms can be completed by the academic advisor.

Can I just stop attending classes?

No. Once a student is registered for classes, it is the student's responsibility to attend and submit homework. If you do not notify your academic advisor or the Registrar’s Office; you will receive an appropriate grade as determined by the instructor.

How do I order transcripts?

The ‘Transcript Request Form’ is available from the Registration Page to print, fill-out and submit to the Registrar’s Office along with a $2.00 fee per transcript.

When will I get my final grades?

Final grades are mailed out within three weeks after the semester ends. Students may print off each semester’s current grades from

I am in my last semester to graduate – what do I need to do?

Make sure to speak with your academic advisor. They will review your degree plan with you again and have you fill out a Graduation Application and give you a Graduation Check-list.

How do I obtain enrollment or degree verification?

To obtain enrollment or degree verification, call the Registrar’s Office at (701) 255-3285 ext. 3101, 3102, or 1101 and the Registrar or Assistant Registrar will be able to verify your request and print off a letter for you.

What about my privacy and confidentiality?

Students are given the opportunity to restrict directory information each year. A FERPA Student Authorization Release Form must be filled out and handed into the Registrar’s Office.

How do I change my address/phone number?

Students must notify the Admissions or Registrar’s Office to change any personal information and attach a copy of an updated driver’s license or state issued ID of the new information.

What if I decide to change majors?

Students wishing to change majors may do so until the 10th day of the Academic Term (Census Date). A Vocation Change Form must be completed by the academic advisor.

How do I appeal a final grade?

Students may appeal a final grade after discussion with the instructor and submit a Grade Appeal Form.  This must be done before the Last Day of Classes in the immediate following semester.