Career Development Center
Welcome to the UTTC Career Development Center! - Let us help you plan your future!
UTTC's Career Development Center provides a variety of services with the primary purpose of educating and assisting prospective students, current students and alumni with effectively developing, evaluating and implementing career and educational plans. Our staff offers individual career counseling/coaching, which involves career assessments, links to employment and internship opportunities and career events such as career fairs, career lunch and learn sessions and other workshops throughout the year. Assistance with resume and cover letter writing, interview preparation and assisting in the job search process are also provided by our Career Services team.
The UTTC Career Development Center offers one-on-one sessions for career planning, including the use of the Focus 2.0 Career Assessment, an online career and education planning system. The Focus 2.0 has several components; Career Readiness, Self-Assessment, Exploring Possibilities, Goal Setting, Your Career Portfolio and Recommended Tools and Websites. Career Coaches use the assessment to explore careers and plans with UTTC students.
If you are considering becoming a student at UTTC and are unsure what you'd like to pursue as a career, you can click on the Focus 2.0 link above, set up an account and complete the Focus 2.0 Career Assessment link. The Career Development Center is located in the Jack Barden Student Life & Technology Center on the second floor.
UTTC students are encouraged to schedule appointments with Career Coaches for resume and cover letter writing assistance, interview preparation and other job-related assistance.
- Focus 2 Career Assessment
- Job Search Links
- Job Service ND
- Glassdoor Job Search
- Job Choices Newsletter
- Student Placement Exit Form
- How much money will I make after I graduate?
- What can I do with this major?
- Be Magazine - Internship
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Omaha District - Announcement List
- State of North Dakota - Social Media Research Asst. Intern
- Minnehaha County - Correctional Officer
- Minnehaha County - Victim/Witness Assistant
- Apex Systems - Home Install Technician
- U.S. EPA - Environmental Protection Specialist
- BNSF - Carman Mobile Mechanical Inspector - Williston, ND - Williston, ND, US
- BNSF - Railcar Repair (Carman) - Williston, ND - Williston, ND, US
- BNSF - Mechanic Diesel Engine- Minot, ND - Minot, ND, US
- BNSF - Track Maintenance (Laborer, Truck Driver, Welder) - Mandan/Jamestown/New Rockford, ND - Mandan, ND, US
- City of Sioux Falls - Controls Technician
- Farm Service Agency - County Executive Director
- Farm Service Agency - Farm Loan Officer
- Progressive - Field Claims Adjuster
- US Dept of Energy - Student Partnership
- Dakota Resource Council - Internship
- MDU - Student Intern
- Minnehaha County - Museum Intern
- Minnehaha County - Safe Home Program Assistant
- Capital Credit Union - FT Processing & Imaging Specialist I
- Camp High Hopes - Summer Staff
- Standing Rock - Multiple Positions
- Pride - DSP Overnight
- Capital Credit Union - Tellers
- Verizon - Retail Sales/Customer Service
- R&R Contracting - Truck Driver
- Job Announcements - U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Tribal Job Links
- Fort Abraham Lincoln Summer Employment
- IHS Job Listings
Career Development Center
3315 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
Nils Landin III
(701) 255-3285 ext. 1333
(701) 255-3285 ext. 1240