Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Maintains day to day office operations and greets visitors, students and staff and answers Safety & Security phone line.
- Responsible to make sure there are adequate office supplies.
- Complete electronic purchase requests for supplies, services, etc. and as directed.
- Assists Director in maintaining Emergency Notification Systems and Jenzabar Student Violations Databases.
- Maintain file system and electronic filing system of daily crime logs and fire logs.
- Input drivers and vehicle information into Jenzabar system.
- Assists in the planning for campus events and annual UTTC Pow Wow.
- Facilitate and instruct First Aid & CPR and Defensive Driving Training upon successful completion of Instructor training for First Aid & CPR and Defensive Driving.
- Assists and responds to calls for assistance in family housing and campus buildings as needed.
- Completes building safety checks by inspecting all AEDs, fire extinguishers, fire alarm systems, and general safety standards in all UTTC buildings.
- Required to wear security officer uniform while on duty.
- Attend meetings; record proceedings, take minutes and type reports
- Locks and unlocks buildings as requested.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Attend workshops and/or training as needed.
- Performs all other duties relating to safety and security as assigned.
General office conditions. Normal working hours from 8:00am to 5:00pm with one hour lunch.
- AA/AAS Criminal Justice or related field preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of three (3) years working experience in Security, Law Enforcement, and or Office Management.
- Position requires a current, valid driver license with an acceptable Motor Vehicle record. A copy of driver license needs to be submitted with application.
- Applicant will need to successfully pass a background check
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be able to operate office machines, personal computers, and strong background in Microsoft Office applications and knowledge of Jenzabar systems is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team building and decision making
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 23, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to email@example.com or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.