Career OpportunitiesUnited Tribes Technical College
Reports Directly To:
Summary of Duties:
- Administrative Assistant to the Director of Community Wellness.
- Assistant to Chemical Health, Academic and Personal Counseling, Student Health Center, and Strengthening Lifestyles programs.
- Works to assist wellness staff with secretarial duties; computer work, typing letters, forms, etc.
- Records minutes at various wellness meetings.
- Assists students in faxing and making long distance calls to agencies and in case of emergencies.
- Coordinates meeting rooms for various wellness groups as necessary.
- Gathers student data for Electronic Health records
- Inputs student demographics into electronic health records system
- Maintains all hard copy of student files for all Wellness Center Services.
- Schedule student to meet with navigators (insurance sign up) and Wellness staff.
- Input Purchase orders.
- Assist students with emails & Passwords when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned. This position would be flexible in tasks and evolve as the work sees fit.
Normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with a one hour unpaid lunch break. Will need to work additional hours as the need arises. Applicant must be willing to travel as the need arises.
- Must be able to pass a background/character investigations and drug & alcohol testing(s).
- Associates degree with no work related experience, or high school diploma or GED with three (3) years’ work related experience
- Requires a person familiar with the operation of a professional work environment.
- Requires a person to have a high ethical standard to guide them in this work. Confidentiality in all phases of work is important.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of office procedures and of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge in computer programs i.e.; Database, Excel and Word.
- Sensitivity to Native American culture, and disadvantaged students.
- Ability to relate to diverse age groups.
- Ability to develop and maintain an atmosphere for the sole purpose of serving the needs of our students.
United Tribes Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity. The applicant is responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. The applicant is responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 25, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Interested applicants should submit a completed UTTC application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. NOTE: Applications and supporting documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered. Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.