Position Title: Part Time On-Call Security Officer
Department: Safety & Security Department
Reports Directly to: Safety & Security Director
Status: Non-exempt; Full-time
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Summary of Duties:
- The Part Time On-Call Security Officer must be committed to being called upon for an assignment to work when requested by notice.
- Officer will complete vehicle and foot patrol duties on campus and campus properties
- Investigates and responds to any civil disturbances; potential illegal activities; suspicious circumstances, and reports to supervisor and local law enforcement.
- Officers are expected to present a clean, neat and professional appearance.
- Officer will complete a shift patrol log and incident reports by the end of each shift
- Answers incoming calls and directs them to appropriate individual or department afterhours and weekends.
- Locks and Unlocks designated buildings and gates as requested and as scheduled.
- Responds to alarms and dispatched calls; decides what action(s) to take based on situation, facts known and position limitations.
- Must be able to multi-task calls, radio activity, persons, and incidents.
- Shall keep confidentiality for all incidents involving students, staff and visitors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires working evenings, holidays, and weekends on a rotating basis and are subject being called in for shift coverage.
- A minimum 30-minute paid meal period is provided in shifts exceeding five hours. When there is only one security officer on duty, the security officer is not completely relieved of their duties and may be required to perform their duties during the meal period.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods.
- Must be able to walk,
- Must be able to run,
- Must be able to bend over, stoop, reach,
- And must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. in the performance of duties.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Previous Security or Safety related experience recommended, but not required.
- Position requires a current, valid driver’s license with an acceptable Motor Vehicle record. A copy of your Driver’s License needs to be submitted with application.
- Applicant will need to successfully pass a background check
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work rotating shifts, nights, weekends
- UTTC Application
- ND Driver’s License
Opening Date: November 2, 2021
Closing Date: December 1, 2021
United Tribes Technical College (UTTC) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
A conviction record will not necessarily be a bar from employment. This information will only be used for job-related purposes and only to the extent permitted by applicable law. Federal laws require that employers hire only individuals who are authorized to be lawfully employed in the United States. In compliance with such laws, UTTC will verify the status of every individual offered employment with UTTC. UTTC will not sponsor work-related visas.
Applicants are responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. Applicants are responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Application and required documents can be completed and submitted online at https://uttc.edu/careers/, via email to email@example.com, or mail to Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. Applications and Required Documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered.
Upon selection, the applicant is responsible to obtain and complete a Transcript Request Form from the last institution attended. The applicant will submit the completed form to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will cover any fees required to obtain official transcripts.