Position Title: Child Development Center (CDC) Teacher Aide (9 - month)
Department: Child Development Center
Reports Directly to: Center Director
Status: Non-exempt; Full-time
Salary: $15.00 - $19.57 per hour
Summary of Duties:
• Greet children, parents, and staff in a friendly manner and maintains a good working relationship with parents.
• Maintain a positive and constant interaction with the children.
• Assist in serving breakfast, lunch, and snack to the children daily.
• Assist children during activities that are appropriate to their age and development using a variety of creative
• Responsible for weekly lesson plans.
• Evaluates and records children’s progress.
• Helps children develop social-emotional and self-help skills.
• Ability to work with children ranging from infants and toddlers to preschool. May be assigned from one center to another
as the need arises.
• Certify hours of county – approved training hours.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. (with possibility of working outside normal hours)
• Monday through Friday.
• One-hour unpaid lunch break.
• Additional hours may be required.
• Must be able to lift at least 40lbs.
• Must be able to perform activities that require you to sit on the floor.
• Requires lifting, stooping, crawling, and bending.
• Be able to perform daily cleaning duties.
• There may be a possibility of coming in contact with communicable diseases and a possibility of reporting child abuse
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Experience with children.
• Applicants must successfully pass a background check.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Must be able to make good rational decisions regarding the safety of children at all times.
• Ability to be a mentor for childcare providers.
• Must like children, have patience working with children, be punctual and dependable.
• Must be motivated and energetic.
• UTTC Application
Opening Date: September 23, 2022
Closing Date: October 7, 2022
United Tribes Technical College (UTTC) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
Applicants are responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. Applicants are responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.