Position Title: Enrollment Services Specialist
Department: Enrollment Services
Reports Directly to: Financial Aid Director
Status: Non-exempt; Full-time
Salary: $16.50 - $21.53
Summary of Duties:
* Greets and accompanies guests to appropriate department personnel.
* Answers phones in a professional manner and directs phone calls to appropriate staff if unable to address the caller’s request.
* Serves as a resource for all guests who enter by responding to their requests to the greatest extent possible before referring them to others in the area.
* Maintains current knowledge of academic programs, activities, and opportunities and effectively communicate these to prospective students and families
* Fill out Financial Aid Needs (FNA) forms for students
* Update the Financial Aid Scholarship webpage i.e. upcoming deadlines, new offerings
* Provides administrative support to the Enrollment Management departments in compiling data and composing reports regarding statistical data as requested.
* Assists Financial Aid staff with working with students filling out the FAFSA and/or troubleshoot any application problems with the application or FSA ID Assists Financial
Aid staff with performing verification on students as selected by the Department of Education and submits the results electronically. Assists with the coordination of new
student orientation and other various events. Monitors and maintains office equipment; submits work orders for malfunctioning equipment. Monitors office supplies: orders
and re-stocks as needed Manages communication of information in and out of the office; prepares outgoing mail and picks up and distributes mail to Enrollment Management.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities:LTE student workers and Work Repayment Program participants
* Normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
* Monday through Friday
* One hour unpaid lunch break
* Two (2) 10 minute paid breaks
* Working paid lunch
* Must be able to go up and down stairs
* Must be able to lift 10 lbs
* Must be able to sit for long periods of time
* Communicate clearly and effectively
* Minimum of AA/AAS degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred, from a regionally accredited institution of higher education preferred.
* Five (5) year experience working in an office environment preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
* Knowledge of office procedures and of spelling, grammar, and punctuation
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to work under pressure
* Excellent interpersonal, team building, and decision making skills
* Operate standard office machines including personal computers
* Ability to create and modify documents using Microsoft Office products, such as Publisher and Excel, as well as Adobe Acrobat Pro.
* Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the college
* UTTC Application
* Cover Letter
* Unofficial Copies of Transcripts
Opening Date: September 22, 2022
Closing Date: October 6, 2022
United Tribes Technical College (UTTC) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
A conviction record will not necessarily be a bar from employment. This information will only be used for job-related purposes and only to the extent permitted by applicable law. Federal laws require that employers hire only individuals who are authorized to be lawfully employed in the United States. In compliance with such laws, UTTC will verify the status of every individual offered employment with UTTC. UTTC will not sponsor work-related visas.
Applicants are responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. Applicants are responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.