Position Title: Adjunct Human & Social Services Instructor
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports Directly to: Human & Social Services Department Chair
Status: Exempt; Temporary
Salary: $2,145 (3 credits @ $715/credit)
Summary of Duties:
• Instructs students based upon the curriculum as approved by the Curriculum Committee and the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
• Adjusts lesson plans and other course materials to meet the needs of students and be sensitive to the cultures of the students they teach and integrate culturally relevant material when appropriate.
• Evaluates student progress and communicates with the student’s academic advisor when problems or issues arise.
• Monitors and reports student attendance and academic progress in the Jenzabar system on a weekly basis throughout the semester.
• Participates fully in the Jenzabar Early Alert Retention Module system by alerting, referring, and providing interventions that ensure student success.
• Maintains current knowledge within the appropriate discipline and within the teaching profession.
• Meets requirements for program and institutional accreditation.
• Works collaboratively with colleagues, staff, and community members.
• Complies with college policies, plans, and procedures.
• Confers as needed with the Dean of Instruction on overall progress of students and instruction.
• Performs all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the college.
Adjunct faculty are to conduct class meetings according to the course schedule and in the place designated on the schedule.
Class meetings must be held for the duration specified in the schedule.
Normal working hours will vary according to need assuring that work and reporting are complete in a timely manner according to the course schedule and the college calendar.
Coursework, grades, and student attendance documentation will be maintained in the MyUTTC Learning Management System (LMS).
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
• Must be able to move around the classroom.
• Must be able to lift laboratory equipment up to 20 pounds.
• Master’s in Social Work from a CSWE accredited program, or PhD/DSW in similarly related field.
• Current, valid and unrestricted North Dakota Social Work license.
• Two (2) years successful college instruction in the field of Social Work required.
• Experience designing, developing, and facilitating online higher education courses.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Must have an overall understanding of the Social Work field.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Knowledge of American Indian Tribes, cultures, and histories desirable.
• UTTC Application
• Letter of Interest (Current UTTC Employees)
• Cover Letter
• Unofficial Copies of Transcripts
Opening Date: August 4, 2022
Closing Date: August 18, 2022
United Tribes Technical College (UTTC) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization, except as allowed by the Indian preference provision of the civil rights act of 1964, as amended.
A conviction record will not necessarily be a bar from employment. This information will only be used for job-related purposes and only to the extent permitted by applicable law. Federal laws require that employers hire only individuals who are authorized to be lawfully employed in the United States. In compliance with such laws, UTTC will verify the status of every individual offered employment with UTTC. UTTC will not sponsor work-related visas.
Applicants are responsible for providing proof of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe if Indian preference is claimed. Applicants are responsible for providing a copy of his/her United States Government Form DD214 or his/her honorable discharge certificate from any branch of the military service if veteran’s preference is claimed. Failure to provide proof will result in loss of Indian or veteran preference in employment.
Application and required documents can be completed and submitted online at https://uttc.edu/careers/, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Human Resources Department, United Tribes Technical College, 3315 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504. Applications and Required Documents received after the closing date and time of a job posting will NOT be considered.